STUDENTS IN TANZANIA AFRICA
22 April, was Earth Day.
School students played a huge part in Earth Day 2011, with over 60,000 schools receiving Earth Day materials in the Green Schools initiative.
Some of the activities included:
- tree plantings and trash clean-ups by 1,000 students in Tanzania, Africa
- sixth-grade Iraqi mine survivors planting trees
- Detroit school kids building a plastic bottle boat
- The Planet Earth in Our Hands global project promoted student voices in recognition of what we all can do to use the earth's resources responsibly.
- students at Patriarch Diodoros, “The 1st School” formed an ‘Earth Day Volunteers’ group and are ‘greening’ their school inside and out.
Visit the Earth Day Organisation
Get your Student Activist Toolkit for ideas to make Earth Day every day
Let us know what you or your school did this year for Earth Day.